Reassuring, assisting, advocating, and finding safe places for homeless seniors to live.
Join Us For Our Annual Mardi Gras Fundraiser!
Join us on Saturday, February 9, at St. Patrick’s Fenlon Hall (10815 N. 84th St., Scottsdale) for a casual evening of Cajun food, raffles, silent auctions, and N’awlins-style jazz. The festivities start at 6:30 p.m., and tickets can be purchased for $40 each atwww.justacenter.org. Or you can reserve a limited number of tables for 8 for $370 each.
Can’t make it but would still like to donate? Click on the “donate” button on our website to make your contribution, which may qualify for a tax credit in the State of Arizona.
Let the good times roll, while helping the Justa Center continue its mission of finding homes and needed services for homeless senior citizens.
Home For The Holidays
Viesta is a 58-year-old veteran of the U.S. Navy who first came to Justa Center in December 2011, after losing her job and spending the better part of a year in the hospital. Due to her health and inability to find a job, she lost her apartment and eventually became homeless. Upon her arrival at Justa Center, she was able to see a foot doctor, as well as our nurse, employment counselor, and housing specialist.
Viesta did not plan to be homeless for long, however. Rather than take a dead-end job, she obtained a scholarship to study social work, which will help her land her dream job of caring for people. Through the help of our housing specialist, we were able to move Viesta into her new apartment in December, along with furniture and other necessary household items that were donated to the Center. It was a very Merry Christmas for Viesta, and things will definitely be looking up for her in the New Year.
You Have Our Sincerest Gratitude
There is no way we could continue our mission of helping homeless seniors find safe places to live if it weren’t for the numerous donations that caring individuals and companies make on a regular basis. This month, we would like to especially thank the following companies for their support of Justa Center:
- Silverado Senior Living, which hosted a Christmas Gala to collect money, as well as other much-needed items. This is an annual event, which always features delicious food, amazing entertainment, and compassionate people coming together to help homeless seniors.
- Intel, which donated a large number of items to Justa Center; and
- QTS (Quality Transport Services), which provided Justa Center with vanloads of donations. The day of delivery was much fun with all local TV stations here.
We also want to thank the following veteran organizations for their continued support of Justa Center. They have a demonstrated a true commitment in helping us end homelessness for our seniors:
- American Legion Auxiliary – Sierra Vista
- American Legion Auxiliary – Unit 107
- American Legion Auxiliary – Chandler
- American Legion Auxiliary – Phoenix
- American Legion Post 107 Riders
- American Legion Sun City
- Pat Tillman American Legion Post 117
- American Legion Post 91 – Gilbert
- American legion Post 12 – Wickenburg
Justa Center was very blessed to have so many donations come in during the month of December (far more than we could possibly list). For all who donated their time, money, and items, we are truly grateful.
Where We Are:
1001 W. Jefferson
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Justa Center is a day resource center for those individuals over the age of 55 who have nowhere to live. Homeless seniors can receive necessary services at Justa Center in a safe environment every day from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information on Justa Center or to make a donation, please visit our website at www.justacenter.org.
Follow us on Facebook: